Friday, December 3, 2010

Tired.

I'm physically tired, but I think that's the last of my problems. I think its a symptom or perhaps a cause...

emotionally. mentally. spiritually. tired.

I had a good chance Wed night to reflect upon the thoughts swirling in my head that I didn't have much chance to think upon... in reflecting upon the pantomime drama based on Lifehouse's Everything.

The drama powerfully draws the audience to empathize with the main character... a woman who is desperately struggling to find God again... with Christ on the side showing as much effort to bring her to him...

but there's a problem... why is Christ struggling? Why is our sovereign, all powerful God struggling? He is not us. When he speaks, storms are called. Is he not greater than our sinful temptations?... but how do we address the times we struggle. When we are tired. When the world consumes us and spits us out. When we long to find God but can't find him. Where does the problem lie?

I think this drama lies to us. It has us empathize with the poor girl is doing all she can do to try to reach Christ. I think it loses the focus. Its focused on her. On her struggle. On her sin. On the temptations that seize her. Where is Christ in her picture? He's on the side... she's trying to reach him...

that's the problem... we look at sin and we say, we try our best. Sin is too tough, we'll never fully defeat it... but i'm trying. Oh the pride we have. Sin when did we think we have any chance again sin? We are but slaves to our sinful desires. It is only in Christ do we have freedom. In Christ our salvation lies.

We struggle yes... we struggle against sin and fail miserably, but in our struggle we will never succeed in finding peace. That peace only comes in Christ... and when we rely on him, sin will be defeated. And there is a struggle thereafter... a struggle within ourselves, when we lose sight of him again-- forgetting his strength, forgetting his peace... resolved to resisting sin on our own... that's when we struggle and fail.

In Christ there is freedom.

I'm an tired. God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment