I think I was the cause of this week, or at least, I had the power to influence it. Though in the same path of reasoning, I was powerless to my own vices... this was inevitable. Did anything that happened this week surprise me... sadly no. The question is where to go from here? What is the path to change? There are small lessons learned but until these smaller lessons take root, find fertile ground and lead to fruit... it would have been all in vain.
How do we translate experience into growth? What makes learning coming to life? An ironic question coming from a teacher... but I guess that's a question teachers try answer as well. How do we get the lesson to sink in? What leads men to stop repeating their mistakes?
I gotta put more time into it... so not less this week just become "last week" or "just another week"... to think about it...evaluate it... digest it... process it... till it sinks in. That takes time... and effort... things I don't usually try to invest in the past. Like the spiel on Homework I preach to my classes... unless we spend the time trying to learn it... we're not gonna be prepared.
Time to spend some time learning.
No comments:
Post a Comment