Thursday, December 6, 2012

Anger, Sadness, Disappointment.

Anger, Sadness, Disappointment.

These emotions tend to blend together these days.  Frustration.

It starts as anger and frustration... but ends is sadness, and I think that confuses me.

I know what anger is.  I know what sadness is.  But when they blend together I have a difficult time deciphering what my true thoughts are... whether my thoughts are just or at fault.  The emotion is often too strong for me to control, which is a scary thought.  Its noteworthy that this is only something that has been happening more recently...

reasons?  I'm not sure.  Perhaps I'm just stretching myself too thin, and being tired and fatigued leads to a greater susceptibility to my emotions.  A second thought is that the things that tend to set me off, are related to things I have a strong passion/commitment to, so they strike closer to the heart.  More of me is invested into it and so I take these wounds deeper.

In either sense it worries me.  I do not like losing control and often these emotions leave me at the brink.  While I know myself to be a person that can have strong emotions, I pride myself in being one that stays pretty even keel despite the situation.  Recently, I've found myself quite off keel.

Prov 23:12
"Apply your heart to discipline
And your ears to words of knowledge."

No comments:

Post a Comment