Sunday, November 11, 2012

Blogging. The ____ of Life

Blogging is a necessary part of my life.

That's an unusual statement.  I don't think anyone would ever agree that blogging is essential to life... yet as I was checking my blog updates, I found myself thinking... "I should blog... but I haven't thought about anything..." and there lies the problem... I haven't thought...

There are numerous things going on in my life right now.  There's enough going on tomorrow to capture my thoughts, where I could invest at least an hour thinking about.  Yet I don't.  I spend my time browsing the internet, watching tv or playing a game.  I let myself become busy with other things, I let my mind be lazy and not think.

The sad part of it is that I genuinely enjoy the times of thought.  I enjoy thinking and pondering.  Coming up with solutions and finding new revelations.  I enjoy learning and finding new revealing facts.  I like it when I realize something about myself, my past or a new vision for the future... yet I don't desire it.  I enjoy it but don't desire it... if I did, I would seek it earnestly and I find that to be true in many things in my life.


Blogging... yeah that's not necessary.  But for me --- journaling.  Finding that time of rest.  That moment of silence.  Where I can pray, evaluate and pray some more.  I need these times and I think that's something I haven't done enough over the last few years.  Teaching has left me fatigued and any moments I find resting on my bed tends to lead to sleep rather than journaling.  Time to find that journey again.  I've found a nice new pen to use and a journal I'm happy with.  Even got a nice new bible.  Time to start anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment