Sunday, November 18, 2012

More than Enough

TL;DR - God is good.  Very thankful.

Despite our choices God knows what is best.  His timing, his choices despite our choices.  Was reminded of this song today, was once one of my favorite songs, though I'm not sure if I've ever fully accepted the truth of the statements made in this song.

I've always had a hard time singing songs who made outrageous claims... not that the claims are bad... but they are near impossible say in full honesty.  Has there been a time in my life I've said this?  Perhaps in a moment, a moment of brokenness, when he's taken everything away... I remember that time.  But it wasn't that I was seeing all this world had to offer and chose Him... it was that I looked at all that I had and saw nothing... and in that nothing He was the only thing I could see... or maybe more that in that moment of broken he was all I could bare to look at.

In Him comes peace.  In Him comes acceptance and worthiness.  In Him I find satisfaction and love.

Can we see this world and see it positively and see God as more?  Can we compare God to a decent world and choose God?  Or must we see the world as rubbish first?  Is it impossible to see the world favorably and still choose God?  It seems whenever I try to compare and I look to the world in any sort of favor... I devalue God.

Maybe only the wise can enjoy the fruits of this world without idolatry.  Wise, when the Lord is properly feared and revered.

"Enough"
All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You are my supply
My breath of life
And still more awesome than I know
You are my reward
worth living for
And still more awesome than I know

All of You is more than enough for all of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You is more than enough

You're my sacrifice
Of greatest price
And still more awesome than I know
Youre the coming King
You are everything
And still more awesome than I know

More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough for me




My church had its annual Thanksgiving sharing.  I must admit that i struggled to be thankful in the moment.  I thought of many things of was dissatisfied with... I can't say it was purely sinful, but even in my frustrations, I could have contributed or been more thankful.  And so to bring balance to my world, I give thanks...

I did not elaborate on Taiwan because I had said it before, but things that good can always be said again.

Taiwan -- where God once again surpassed my expectation.  He blessed us in service.  He made himself known to us.  He showed us miracles.  He showed us his power and his grace.  His love and his mercy.  We were not perfect in our serve... but he blessed us no the less.  We did not go fully prepared, but he used us despite it.  He lacked love at time, but he covered over it with his.  In our timidity he opened the doors and made it easier for us.  God was good, too good, and none of us could deny it.

This year.  I'm thankful that he reminded me of the past.  This year I was able to reflect once again on the pains of the past.  There is still much to learn from my past.  It still hurts, quite regularly... but pain is said to remind us that we are still alive.  Pain reminds of our mistakes and the need to always be on guard.  Pain is necessary for growth.  So I thank God for the pain.  I just ask for his strength and grace that my pain will not grow into bitterness.  That the pain will spur only love and discipline rather than bitterness and strife.

I am thankful for my faithful brothers and sisters.  Ones that put me to shame.  When I complain and do nothing.  When I run when I should fight.  When I fight when I should be merciful.  When I speak in pride and act in arrogant.  For the the examples in my life that are constant explains of love, humility, patience and self-control.  For those the persevere through more than I could ever bear.  I thank God for them.  For my faithful friends who bear with me and understand me through my misplaced words and even when no words are said.  When my mistakes are forgiven and grace is shown.  They are irreplaceable.  For the ears they lend me in my moments of weakness.  For their honesty -- oh yes their honesty, when I must be put in my place.

A special thanks for friends far away -- friends in whom distance only makes the friendship sweeter.

For fellowship, sweet fellowship.

For family and a place to call home.

For my job my school and my coworkers -- who make each week a blessing.  It was never something I had planned but God had provided.  My students too =D.

Food oh the food.  Maybe more the friends I share my food (wait, I don't share my food... friends that eat with me =D)

And reminders that despite all this good, if it were taken away... He is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment