Retirement plans. 403b's. Mutual Funds. Annuities. Building credit. Saving money. Inflation. Load fees. Interest rates.
I've been feeling more and more pressured to figure out what to do in terms of making sure I can support myself in the future. I have numerous representatives trying to convince me that it is of my best interest to listen to them.
Some try to entice you with the possibility of being able to have the same income after you retire.
Some scare you with the dangers of the market and the need for more conservative safer choices.
Some say both and you really don't know what they stand for ha.
In the end, I don't really care that much. One mentioned as a selling point that I could be withdrawing 80k per year when I retired, to which I thought... why would I do with 80k, I barely need half that ha.
Which reminds me to be thankful. Thankful that I don't live paycheck to paycheck. Thankful that I've never had to be concerned over finances. I'm not rich, but I've never been poor. Thankful, that I don't have to count pennies or even dollars. In the same sense, I need to be careful, careful to be wise in my finances. To not be irresponsible with my finances. To be a good steward. But in the same sense, not to over emphasize its importance. In the end, money is a means to an end... it is not the end. A treasure trove to retire on benefits no one. There is much to use my resources with now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment