Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 3.

A clear reminder of why I am on this journey.

Are you asking yourself if you missed Day 2?  You didn't.  I did.

I knew what I needed to get done.  I thought about it all day and in the end it didn't get done.  There's no excuse, no rational reason, it was a conscious choice.  Day 1.  Begin.  Day 2.  Reality.

And I went through the day thinking about it in guilt.  Knowing I'd be posting this.  Knowing that people will see that I missed Day 2.  And I sit here, almost at the end of day 3 and I realize, as with my failures during the last 40 day journey.  God is teaching me through this journey.

Why do I feel guilty?  For my own pride?  My own shame?  How others may view this?

No. I should be asking... How does God view this?  Is he shaking his head in disappointment?  If he knows me, which he does, he sighs and smiles, cause he's not surprised... neither am I, but that doesn't quite make it better.  But I'm reminded that even if I did make it on Day 2.  Finished all my goals.  Was as holy as I could be... I was still inadequate --- it may have been worse to go through a complete Day 2 and be proud of it... because in the end... it is only by His grace.  My success and failure... do I honor him?  Does it bring Him glory?  Does it serve him?  If so, it is a success, if not --- a failure.  A full completed Day 2--- may serve the kingdom less.  A failed day, may bring Him more glory.

Thank you God.  Onward to day 3 and day 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment