Monday, March 25, 2013

The challenges of challenges.

12:47 am of Day 14.

A reflection of the last 13 days.  what a crazy 13 days.  I'm heading to Japan tomorrow...

I haven't been the most consistent with my challenges, but they have still been fruitful.

I think more than anything, its the constant reminder of what I should be doing and view everything that I do in perspective of my priorities.  Whether it be choosing unwisely, at least realizing the choices I make on a day to day basis.

The letter writing is something I desire to do but in contrast to that, having a regimented schedule for that is taking the joy from it.  I write out of a overflow of my heart, so i haven't been too good at keep up with it.  THough I intend to crank some more out in Japan.

Prayer -- definitely shows my weakness in prayer.  This is more a matter of commitment rather than time or availability.

Blogging.  It could be worse, and I'm hoping these are fruitful.  At times, its a struggle against posting for the sake of posting and actually putting the time into seeking substance.

I did a lot of reading through Daniel this past week and was reminded of how --- to the best of our knowledge, Daniel's greatest witness to the kings in his presence was his obedience to God.

He did question the power of God to interpret dreams.  He did not waver at avoiding the defile foods.  he did not waver at his times of prayer.  He represented God by his actions rather than his words... and how power was his witness.  A reminder to us, to watch our actions more closely than our words.

We can share the gospel, but if we don't live it, we may be doing more harm than good to those that see us.

We will live out the gospel as truly as we believe it.  If we struggle in our actions, then we most likely struggle in our faith as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment